Complete the FAFSA
Before you begin filing the FAFSA online, make sure you have the following items:
- Your social security card and driver’s license
- Your federal income tax return (and your spouse’s, if married)
- Your parents’ federal income tax return (if you are a dependent)
- W-2 Forms or other records of income earned
- Records any untaxed income received, such as veteran’s non-education benefits; child support payments received by you (or your parents) for all children included in the household; housing, food and other living allowances paid to members of the clergy or military (excluding on-base military housing or basic military allowance for housing)
- Your PIN and you are a dependent student.
- The school code for Clinton College – 004923.
To begin your online FAFSA go here: www.fafsa.ed.gov
When completing the FAFSA, report your name exactly as it appears on your Social Security card. Do not use nicknames, abbreviations, or middle names as first names. The U.S. Department of Education requires that your name on the FAFSA identically match your name on Social Security Administration records. You will be required to submit additional documentation should a name conflict occur.
Once the Office of Financial Aid has received your application data from the processor, you may be requested to provide additional documentation. The federal processor selects approximately 30 percent of all applicants for a verification process. This means the Office of Financial Aid must collect certain documents to confirm the accuracy of the information you provided on your FAFSA.
The financial aid application process is considered complete when the Office of Financial Aid receives a valid FAFSA/Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) from the federal processor AND the verification process (if required) and any requests for other documentation (citizenship, Selective Service registration, etc.) are submitted and processed.