Ways of Giving to Clinton College
There are many ways for donors to support their interests and the aspirations of Clinton College: To learn more about ways to give, please contact
Mr. Ray Corley
Director of Institutional Advancement
803-327-7402 ext 238
Annual Giving/Annual Fund is an unrestricted avenue of financial
support from donors that is critical to sustaining programs and services
which impact a broad range of the College’s needs. Contributions to
the Annual Fund provide a consistent and reliable source of revenue for
almost every area, including academic programs, student life activities
and programs, basic operations and improvements.
Clinton College has traditionally had limited financial resources, but
government support has increased dramatically over the past four years.
achieving accreditation, federal and state funding has positively
impacted the overall operating budget of the College. Gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty,
staff, and students improve our ability to serve students, offer
programs, enhance curriculum, update technology, and so much more.
Direct Gifts and Donations:
Direct gifts are the simplest form of gifts and result in an income tax deduction for the year in which the gift was made. Direct gifts are usually in the form of cash, securities, mutual funds, bonds, life insurance, personal property and real estate. Donations of appreciated assets directly to Clinton College is commonly used as an alternative to donating cash from the sale of an appreciated asset in order to avoid capital gains tax on the sale of such assets. Below are examples of direct gift donations:
- Cash Donations
- Transfer of stock or securities: you can transfer ownership of appreciated securities.
- Real Property: land, buildings, residential and commercial property can be donated outright or as part of a planned gift.
- Gifts of tangible personal property such as art, books, and technology
- Bequests: Include Clinton College in your will.
- Retained Life Estate: Receive a large tax deduction by donating a residence while retaining
the right to live in your residence for life
- Life Insurance: Name Clinton College as a beneficiary
- Gift Annuity/Trusts: Direct income from an annuity or trust to Clinton College.
Invest in the future of Clinton College students through the development of a scholarship fund.
Special Giving Opportunities:
From time to time, Clinton College provides opportunities to contribute to special campaigns and projects.